With so many vanilla cupcake recipes out there its hard to know which one to use. I couldn't tell you how many I've tried over the years. After a lot of taste testing this is my favourite basic cupcake recipe, its moist and not at all crumbly.
Hope you enjoy this one as well xxx
CLASSIC VANILLA CUPCAKES
Makes: 24 cupcakes
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup plain flour2 cups cake flour*
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
225g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 caster cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk
*To make your own cake flour for this recipe, sift together 1 3/4 cups plain flour with 1/4 cup cornflour a couple of times to incorporate and fluff it up. This is equal to 2 cups of cake flour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 160 degrees fan forced.
- Sift together flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour in three additions, alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour. Do not overbeat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into 24 regular sized muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from pan and cooling on wire racks. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Need something to top the cupcakes with? Try my basic buttercream recipe or my favourite chocolate buttercream recipe