If you are looking to fill up the cookie jar without having to spend hours in the kitchen then this is the recipe for you.
Orange Shortbread Swirls
YOU WILL NEED
250g butter at room temperature
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180c or 160c fan forced.
- Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Chop butter in to small cubes and place in a mixer or food processor with caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Grate the orange rind finely and juice half the orange and add to mixing bowl, mixing again on low speed until combined.
- Add sifted flour to bowl in 2 batches and mix again on low speed until the mixture starts to come together and then remove bowl from mixer and continue to combine with a wooden spoon until mixture comes together in a ball.
- Lightly flour your work bench and place dough on bench kneading lightly until dough is smooth.
- Take a large pastry or piping bag fitted with a large fluted tube and place the dough in bag. On prepared tray pipe 5cm stars about 2.5cm apart on to trays.
- Bake in oven for approximately 10 minutes, cool biscuits on trays